While traditional talk therapy is a very valuable part of the change process, the more powerful piece is Energy Psychology. Why? Because Energy Psychology (or EP) makes changes at the subconscious level while talk therapy only works at the conscious level of our awareness.
Talk therapy is the tip of the ice berg. When looking at an ice berg we only see what is above the surface. But look beneath the water and you will see an enormous structure that is likely 90% larger than what is visual from above the water.
This is a perfect analogy for therapy. Utilizing talk therapy modalities clients can learn better parenting skills, learn how to challenge thoughts, self-soothe, learn new ways to deal with anger, set healthier boundaries, understand how family of origin issues impact their lives today, and so on.
But this is only 10% of the change process!! The majority, or 90%, of why we behave the way we behave is derived from the beliefs and trapped emotions that reside at the subconscious level. This is why Energy Psychology is SO important!
Have you read self-help books, been to therapy, weekend encounter groups, and repeated affirmations over and over again only to feel that not much has really changed?
Don't feel bad because this is the norm!
Until beliefs are transformed from limiting to empowering and trapped emotions are released, not much actually changes!
The Energy Psychology modalities I utilize are PSYCH-K to transform beliefs, The Emotion Code to release trapped emotions and The Body Code to balance the body.
THE EMOTION CODE
Dr. Bradley Nelson began utilizing EP to release trapped emotions in his chiropractic patients and saw the wonderful benefits it produced. He realized how past emotionally charged events can inhabit the body in the form of trapped emotions and these trapped emotions can be the source of current pain.
Trapped emotions can also inhabit limiting beliefs. During the process of changing beliefs, we might also need to release trapped emotions. For example, a basic belief such as "I love myself" might require releasing trapped emotions of worthlessness, betrayal, abandonment or rejection before the belief will alter.
Trapped emotions can be released quickly and easily and the some clients feel the benefits immediately. For more information on this process, go to: http://www.drbradleynelson.com/the-emotion-code/
THE BODY CODE
The Body Code is the Emotion Code on steroids! I am NOT a doctor and I do not diagnose, treat or cure medical illness. I utilize The Body Code to find and remove underlying imbalances that might be causing pain or other symptoms. There are SIX key areas where the body or mind might have imbalances. The Body Code uses a mapping system to locate these imbalances and then remove them.
Here are just a few examples of what my clients have experienced through The Body Code: (BTW, I am one of my clients!)
- The ability to begin losing weight. One client lost 50 pounds in 4 months.
- Heart palpitations that caused low blood pressure, dizziness and fatigue stopped immediately.
- An 81-year-old client's body was losing weight daily and endangering the client's health, after five Body Code sessions their weight became stable and they even gained a couple of pounds.
- Anger and jealousy lost their hold and the client no longer experienced angry outbursts.
- Knee and shoulder pain greatly reduced or stopped completely.
- One client kept hearing their heart beating loudly at night in the silence when they went to bed. It was beating so loudly that it was keeping them awake. After three weeks of this, they had one Body Code session and the loud beating stopped. The client was able to sleep again.
While not every physical or mental malady has underlying imbalances that can be removed, Body Code sessions can help people better deal with the maladies. For instance if a car accident has cause great impairment, releasing trapped emotions or heart-walls can help the client accept the circumstances and focus on life.
The loss of loved ones either through death or separation can cause many issues in life from depression to the inability to enjoy life or create new, healthy relationships. Body Code sessions have allowed clients to release past loves, move on to new relationships and better accept the passing of loved ones.
Beliefs Create Reality!
Belief is the key that unlocks everything! Beliefs drive behaviors. While we may intellectually know that our behavior is not what we want to be doing, an underlying subconscious belief may be sabotaging our good intentions. With PSYCH-K®, limiting beliefs can be uncovered and transformed into affirming beliefs.
The subconscious mind is abundantly more powerful in its ability to process information than the conscious mind.
Consider a tug-o-war analogy. A locomotive is on a train track headed north; attached to it by a heavy chain is a handcart with four men who will attempt to pump the handcart in the opposite direction. Once the locomotive starts to move out, what will happen to the handcart? It is going along for the ride north no matter how much those four men want to go south – right?
Thus the handcart is the conscious mind and the locomotive is the subconscious mind.
No matter how much we consciously believe something, if the subconscious is not in agreement, we will not go in the desired direction. For instance, what if the conscious mind believes “I am worthy of love,” but the subconscious mind thinks, “I have no idea why anyone would find me lovable.” Wow, what a contrast!
Can you see how a limiting belief like that would interfere with vital core issues? Or how about the conscious belief, “I don't want to drink alcohol ever again!” While the subconscious belief is, “I don’t deserve to take care of myself because no one else ever did.”
Through PSYCH-K®, affirming beliefs can be established in the subconscious thereby allowing clients to reach their goals!!
Why do I need PSYCH-K®?
Because thoughts and beliefs are two different critters!
If you’ve ever said to yourself or others, “I’ve been to counseling and I’ve learned some things, but my life hasn’t seemed to change much.” Here’s why.
Talk therapy or regular counseling is very beneficial for challenging thoughts and learning new behavior patterns such as how to set boundaries, parent children, manage conflict, reduce stress, and deal with grief among other things. But these processes ALL take shape in the mind.
They are controlled by our thoughts. Most of the time we can describe our thoughts with words and thoughts are fairly easy to change because they reside in our awareness at the conscious level.
As a child we learn how to think and how to act by the role models around us. But as adults we can choose new ways to think and behave.
We can decide to parent our children differently, understand anger and opt to be assertive rather than explosive, learn to set boundaries with people and recognize when saying “no” is actually a good thing. These are learned actions just as we would study and become skilled at speaking a foreign language, repairing a car, gardening, learning a new ability for work, or playing the latest video game.
Our beliefs however, exist in our subconscious; typically outside of our awareness. We think we know what we believe, but until we check in at the subconscious level, we may have no idea what limiting beliefs are hanging out and interfering with the life we want!!
This is why PSYCH-K® is so important! It exposes beliefs and allows us to overwrite limiting beliefs with empowering beliefs! Think of it as a software update for a computer. Out with the old and in with the new. The new software runs the program better, is more user friendly, and usually faster!
How does PSYCH-K® relate to spirituality or the Christian faith?
The following passages from The King James Version of the bible state that we have two centers of understanding – in our minds and in our hearts.
In our minds:
Romans 12:2 “… be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds…” This speaks to the fact that in order to change we consciously have to keep seeking and learning.
Romans 14:5 “Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.” Persuasion is a conscious process of taking in information, weighing it, testing it, and determining something.
In our hearts:
Genesis 6:5 “every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
Proverbs 23:7 “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he,”
Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Proverbs 4:23 cautions us to guard our hearts because the issues of our lives come from our hearts. In other words, our beliefs create our lives. Our beliefs are the lenses of experience we wear over our hearts and through which we perceive the world.
Addressing the thoughts of our mind is good as Proverbs 4:7 states: “ Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding,” but neglecting to guard or discover the beliefs of our heart can leave us with a life we don’t want.
Beliefs are so important! Napoleon Hill said, “Whatever the mind of man can conceive [thoughts], and believe [obviously beliefs], it can achieve.” This is the principle behind the Law of Attraction. And it is a law.
So we want to accomplish something, but for some reason we aren't doing it. I assert that the lack of accomplishment may not be due to a specific reason as reasoning occurs in the mind; rather it may be due to a limiting belief that is trapped in our hearts.
If the lack of accomplishment is due to beliefs, then uncover the belief, transform it, and watch the changes occur!
ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY PRICING
$125 per 50 minutes via phone, online or email
$200 per 80 minutes via phone, online or email
PREPAID PACKAGE RATES
The Silver Package: $555 for Five 50-minute sessions via phone, online or email (Save $70)
The Gold Package: $1,100 for Ten 50-minute sessions via phone, online or email (Save $150)
Who Can PSYCH-K Benefit?
The sky is the limit! If your question is, "Will PSYCH-K help me with X?" (X being whatever you want to change.) The answer is usually YES!
Here are some examples of how PSYCH-K can help.
- Athletes. Golfers, have you ever noticed that sometimes you stand over a ball and before you make that swing or putt you know EXACTLY where it's going? You bet you have! That's because at that point in time you believe in your ability to create that swing or stroke. What if you could believe in your ability to create other swings. For instance if you aren't particularly confident coming out of the sand, then we use PSYCH-K to change that belief. This applies to free throws or three pointers for basketball players, lob shots or ace serves for tennis players, strikes or splits for bowlers, or that football team who obviously believes they have to come from behind to win (I would love to work with them if any of you can get me an "in," and yes, you know who I'm talking about!).
- Students. For those who believe they aren't good at test taking or that get nervous when taking a test. We can change the belief from, "I'm probably going to fail this test because I get so nervous," to, "I remain calm and focused while taking tests."
- Business Peeps. Having trouble reaching or maintaining sales goals? Are projects not going as planned? If there are limiting beliefs in the way, PSYCH-K can transform those to empowering beliefs.
- Performers. Beliefs surrounding stage fright can be altered. The one piece of music that always seems to give you trouble can be viewed differently and suddenly you might love playing it - and play it well. Having trouble hitting that high note? If there is a belief in the way, PSYCH-K may be able to change that and the high note could be yours.
- Couples. Do you have limiting beliefs about your spouse or partner? Would you like to forgive them for something they did, but you just haven't been able to? Or do they have an annoying habit and you would like to accept them for who they are and be able to ignore those habits that drive you crazy? PSYCH-K may be your answer.
- Pets. Yes, pets. Pets have beliefs too! One cat I worked with had not walked down the main hallway in its home for 6 months because another cat (no longer even in the house) had viciously attacked it in that hallway. While at this friend's house I asked her, "Why is your cat sitting on the couch and meowing so loudly?" My friend replied, "That's what she does every night when she wants one of the girls to come get her so she can sleep in their bed." When I discovered the reason the cat wouldn't go down the hallway, my friend and I did PSYCH-K and the cat walked down the hallway from that night on!
There are no guarantees,
but with that... there are no limitations!
I have seen PSYCH-K allow people to eat things they "believed" they were allergic to, totally relieve suicidal ideation, restore relationships, help others deal with the loss of relationships and loved ones, stop people from hurting over their biggest losses in life, and even help animals with their issues (See "Pets" bullet above)!